Upcounty Citizens Advisory Board to Hold Annual Meeting on June 17
The Upcounty Citizens Advisory Board (UCAB) will hold its annual meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 17 at the BlackRock Center for the Arts, located at 12901 Town Commons Drive in Germantown.
The purpose of the annual meeting is to introduce new officers and to deliver the UCAB Fiscal Year 2019 annual report. The public is invited to attend.
“The Upcounty Citizens Advisory Board has explored a variety of issues this year including the need for increased funding for early childhood education, how we define affordable housing in Montgomery County, how to promote agritourism in the Agricultural Reserve while protecting its characteristics, and the need to expand transit services in the Upcounty region,” said Catherine Matthews, director of the Upcounty Regional Office for Montgomery County. “They also advocated for security assessments of school construction projects during the design phase, more data to be collected and scrutiny done regarding grant awards, and the reinstatement of a former bus route to Urbana.”
The UCAB consists of 20 volunteer members who are appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Council. There are currently two vacancies on the board because of relocation. Recruitment for these board vacancies will begin soon.
Board members include:
• Kraig Walsleben, chair (Damascus)
• Tobi Printz-Platnick, first vice chair (Boyds/Germantown)
• Linda Moore, second vice chair (Montgomery Village)
• Dennis Barnes (Montgomery Village)
• Robert Bartlett (Germantown)
• Andrew Dibonge (Clarksburg)
• Hassan Dixon (Germantown)
• Arthur Edmunds (Goshen, Laytonsville)
• Wayne Jacas (Boyds, Clarksburg)
• Revonne Johnson (Germantown)
• Tiffany Kennedy (Montgomery Village)
• Paul Klee (Darnestown)
• Florence Messi (Gaithersburg)
• Christopher O’Brien (Gaithersburg)
• William Roberts (Gaithersburg)
• Hui (Tanya) Sun (Clarksburg)
• Chengbiao Tu (Shady Grove)
• Alan Young (Gaithersburg)
Montgomery County will provide sign language interpreters and other auxiliary aids or services upon request -- with as much advance notice as possible, preferably at least three business days before the event. Contact Linda Cooper at 240-777-8048 or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the UCAB, visit the Montgomery County website.
Photos by Germantown Pulse