Early Morning Fire Displaces Germantown Family
A Germantown family has been displaced after a fire ripped through the attic of their townhouse early Saturday morning.
Montgomery County Fire Rescue was called to the townhouse at 13825 Baliwick Terrace in Germantown at about 5:30 am on Saturday, Jan. 19 when a resident was awoken by the odor of smoke and called 911, according fire officials. Six adults and one child have been displaced after the fire. All occupants of the house were able to escape without injury.
MCFRS senior spokesman, Pete Piringer said, units from nearby Fire Station 722 responded and located the fire in the attic of the townhouse. He said the fire was sparked by an overheated ceiling fan which started a fire in the attic above the sprinklers.
Units from Fire Stations 729 (Germantown), 734 (Milestone), 708 (Gaithersburg/
Washington Grove), 731 (Rockville/ Darnestown), and 753 (NIST) assisted units from Fires Station 722 (Kingsview) which is located less than 1,000 feet from the address of the fire. No firefighters were injured. The Red Cross was called to assist the displaced family.
Top: Fire photo of Engine 722 (Kingsview). Photo by Germantown Pulse.
Next: The fire at 13825 Baliwick Terrace in Germantown was in the attic of the townhouse and was sparked by an overheated ceiling fan. Photo courtesy MCFRS.