Montgomery County’s Ride On bus service will implement several route changes beginning on Sunday, Jan. 6. The changes will include expansion of services on some routes.
Details of the changes that will be implemented:
• Route 75: New service to the Germantown MARC Station from the Germantown Transit Center via Germantown Road (MD 118) during rush hours. New service along Sycamore Farm Drive and Seneca Meadows Parkway.
• Route 52: Extension of service to Our Lady of Good Counsel High School in Olney from the MedStar Montgomery Medical Center.
• Route 63X Gaither Road: Additional service between Gaither Road and the Shady Grove Metro Station to augment Route 63 trips on weekdays from approximately 8:50 am until 8:30 pm.
• Route 129: New routing around Tech Road in Fairland.
• Route 2: The route will return to its previous routing "within one week after" the bridge re-opens. The date will be posted on Ride On’s web page when a firm re-open date has been established.
In addition, several routes will have time changes so that the schedule reflects the actual travel time along the respective routes. Those updated schedules are now available for Routes 5, 14, 16, 19, 20, 24, 31, 32, 37, 42, 52, 75, and 129.
More information about Ride On is available online at RideOnBus.com.
Photo by Germantown Pulse