A family has been displaced after food left burning on the stove started a kitchen fire in the Germantown house.
Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service units were called to a two-story, single-family house in the 11600 block of Doxdam Terrace in Germantown at about 7:10 pm on Saturday, January 27.
According to MCFRS senior spokesman Pete Piringer the fire began in the kitchen with food on the stove top and extended to the kitchen cabinets. The family of five, two adults and three children, along with their two dogs, were able to escape without injury. The Red Cross is assisting the displaced family.
Fire officials estimate the fire did about $35,000 in damage to the house. MCFRS responded to the blaze with about 45 firefighters. No injuries were reported.
File Photo by Germantown Pulse. Video courtesy MCFRS.