Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service units responded to a kitchen fire in the 11200 block of Valley Bend Drive in Germantown.
MCFRS responded to the single-family house at 11274 Valley Bend Drive for the report of a house fire at 11:54 am on Wednesday, Aug. 30.
According to MCFRS senior spokesman Pete Piringer, the fire was a grease pot on the stove, which did minimal damage to the house but generated a large amount of smoke. Firefighters used industrial fans to ventilate the building.
Piringer said smoke alarms alerted the occupant of the home and she was able to escape to safety. No injuries were reported.
Photos by Germantown Pulse.