A Germantown woman suffered minor burns Thursday evening in a small kitchen fire.
Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service units were called to 11100 block of Maryland Manor Court in Germantown for the report of a kitchen fire shortly after 5:00 pm on July 13.
According to fire officials at the scene, a woman and her daughters were melting candles in a pan for a craft project when the wax caught fire. When she attempted to put on the fire by putting the pan under running water the burning wax splattered all around the kitchen burning her arm and creating a small fire in the kitchen of the townhouse.
Officials said the fire was quickly put out and did not extend to other areas of the dwelling. The woman was evaluated and treated by EMTs at the scene but was not transported to a local hospital.
Photos by Germantown Pulse.