Firefighters were called to a Germantown townhouse on Appledowre Circle on Memorial Day night for a fire which started in the laundry closet of a three-story townhouse.
According to Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service senior spokesman Pete Piringer, MCFRS units were called to 19933 Appledowre Circle in Germantown at about 10:30 pm on Monday, May 29.
First arriving units found fire burning on the first floor of the three-story structure and requested addition units. The MCFRS Rapid Intervention Task was dispatched. The fire was contained on the first floor but the townhouse suffered more than $25,000 in damage, according to fire officials. Piringer said the fire originated in the ground floor washer/dryer closet. All occupants escaped without injury.
File Photo by Germantown Pulse.