County’s Ride On Buses to Launch Improved Clarksburg Service
A number of bus routes change Sunday, including better service to Clarksburg and improvements to bus routes connecting the Glenmont Metro Station, according to information supplied by Ride On.
The new Clarksburg routes are:
Route 73, a new route that will provide express service from the Cabin Branch Community in Clarksburg to the Shady Grove Metro Station via West Old Baltimore Road. The route will also serve the Gateway Center Business Park.
Route 75, a route that will provide service along Snowden Farm Parkway to Little Seneca Parkway, eliminating duplication of services in northern Clarksburg and better connecting Clarksburg to Germantown and the Clarksburg Premium Outlets. Mid-day service will also be added. Two weekday morning trips and two weekday afternoon trips will serve Clarksburg High School.
Route 79, a revised route to better serve the densest areas of Clarksburg and provide more access to retail at Clarksburg Village Center. The route will continue to provide service along a portion of Skylark Road (Arora Hills) and add new service to Snowden Farm Parkway and New Cut Road.
Glenmont Metro Routes:
Route 31 – Offering service between the Glenmont Metro and the Wheaton Metro, this route will now serve the new neighborhood of Poplar Run along Layhill Road, Poplar Run Drive and Tivoli Lake Boulevard to Randolph Road. Ride On Route 10 will continue to serve stops on Randolph Road.
Route 33 – This route between the Glenmont Metro and Medical Center Metro will better serve the densely populated Connecticut Avenue Estates community with service along Valleywood Drive, Clay Street, Bluhill Road, Goodhill Road, Dalewood Drive, Hathaway Drive and Weller Road via Claridge and Medway streets. Metrobus routes Y2, Y7 and Y8 serve Georgia Avenue.
• Schedules will be modified so that buses on the following routes better reflect actual travel time: 5 (on Saturday and Sunday only), 20, 43, 48, 56, 58, 60, 63, 66, 67, 71, 74, 78, 90.
• Early morning schedules for Routes 55, 61, 100 will be changed so riders can catch the first Metro train.
• Other small changes include:
- Route 15 - The last trip to Takoma Station will leave five minutes earlier.
- Route 20 - Additional late evening service will be provided.
- Route 58 - Will serve the Multi-Agency Service Park on Turkey Thicket Road.
- Route 74 – Which runs through Germantown, will provide new Saturday service.