• Wix Facebook page
  • Wix Twitter page
  • Wix Google+ page

Gateshead Circle Fire Displaces Three People



Montgomery County Fire Rescue units were called to 20001 Gateshead Circle in Germantown for a report of smoke coming from the garage of a duplex style townhouse shortly after 10:00 pm on Thursday, Sept. 29.


First arriving units witnessed smoke coming from the garage door. According to MCFRS senior spokesman Pete Piringer, the fire was located and quickly brought under control. “The investigation revealed one of the occupants had improperly discarded smoking materials in the garage a few hours before. The fire was listed as accidental,” said Piringer.


The fire displaced three residents of the unit, and did an estimated $65,000, according to Piringer. $50,000 to the structure and $15,000 to the contents.

Captions:

Top: MCFRS personnel outside of 20001 Gateshead Circle as firefighters prepare to check for extension in other units.

Next: MCFRS personnel working in the garage of 20001 Gateshead Circle on Thursday night.

Next: Firefighters exiting the building at 20001 Gateshead Circle.