• Wix Facebook page
  • Wix Twitter page
  • Wix Google+ page

Shakespeare Court Fire Displaces Family



A family of six was displaced when a kitchen fire started in their house at 6 Shakespeare Court in Germantown on Wednesday evening.


Montgomery County Fire Rescue units were called to the two-story house shortly before 5:00 pm on Wednesday, Sept. 28. According to MCFRS senior spokesman Pete Piringer, the fire began in the kitchen and did more than $100,000 in damage to the single-family home.

MCFRS EMS evaluated six residents, including four children for smoke inhalation. EMS transported two people to local hospitals. One adult female


was transported to a local hospital priority two with smoke inhalation and a 10-year-old girl was also transported priority 3 to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

Captions:

Top: Firefighters on the scene of a house fire at 6 Shakespeare Court in Germantown on Wednesday, Sept. 26.

Next: MCFRS personnel prepare to enter the house to conduct overhaul and check for extension of the fire.

Next: The oven and range from the kitchen where the fire started. Photo courtesy MCFRS.

Photos by Germantown Pulse.