Behind the Scenes at the Clarksburg Premium Outlets, as 14 More Brands Announced
With 45 days left before the official Grand Opening of the Clarksburg Premium Outlets next month, Simon Properties, one of the mall’s owners gave local media and community leaders a sneak peek at the construction of the mall which will open on Thursday, October 27.
The mall is segmented into five key areas, what General Manager Michael Mitchroney called an east promenade and a west promenade, which each have an upper “street” and a lower “street” of stores.
The 392,000 square foot, the two-story shopping center will also boast a Market Hall; a contemporary and upscale community space featuring covered walkways and spacious courtyards; exterior escalators and elevators; landscaping; fountains; fireplaces and custom art. Moreover, Clarksburg Premium Outlets will be Simon’s second LEED-certified Premium Outlets Center, incorporating a number of energy-saving measures.
The tour of the property, which had media folks and community leaders in orange safety vests and hard hats to stroll through the construction site, walked through the upper “street” first where crews were laying a base layer of concrete before the final decorative tile and final concrete surface.
Mitchroney pointed out that the main escalator/stair area leading up from the courtyard will feature a waterfall which will add ambiance and character to the project. Throughout the mall, crews were working on environmental swales, which will be planted areas in the midst of the “streets” to serve as drainage basins and decorative features in the mall.
He also pointed to an area which will eventually become a playground for children complete with unique and interesting playground equipment to keep the little ones entertained and moving while the family shops.
Some stores which will be moving into the vacant units shortly have already begun to work on their units as sub-contractors were seen installing walls and lighting units individual to the brand in units on the location.
Clarksburg Premium Outlets, a joint venture between Simon, New England Development, and Streetscape Partners, also announced the latest additions of brand-name shops to the center’s retail roster.
New stores announced include the following:
• Allen Edmonds offers the finest footwear in the world and has expanded to include belts, leather briefcases and bags and versatile clothing. From classic to contemporary and dress to casual, Allen Edmonds’ products are unsurpassed in quality, value, and craftsmanship and reflect timeless elegance and enduring style.
• AllSaints is a global, digital, contemporary brand with an independent spirit, headquartered in East London. The company designs full collections of womenswear, menswear, and accessories including its newly launched handbag line the ‘Capital Collection.’
• Ann Taylor Factory Store offers affordable womenswear and workwear with a modern-meets-timeless point of view.
• Brooks Brothers Factory Store is America’s oldest retailer and is synonymous with premium quality, iconic style, and steady innovation. These values endure in its classic offerings for men and women.
• Converse based in Boston, MA., is a wholly owned subsidiary of NIKE, Inc. Established in 1908, the Converse brand has built a reputation as “America’s Original Sports Company” and has been associated with a rich heritage of legendary shoes such as the Chuck Taylor All Star shoe, the Jack Purcell shoe and the One Star shoe.
• Fossil is an American watch and lifestyle brand inspired by all things curious. Since 1984, it has been a creative collaborative focused on authentic design, craftsmanship, and storytelling. Fossil has grown to offer watches, bags, jewelry, eyewear, and most recently wearables.
• Hickey Freeman creates premium tailored clothing using a combination of modern technology and centuries’ old hand work. Its unsurpassed craftsmanship has been the hallmark of Hickey Freeman since 1899.
• Kay Jewelers offers extraordinary customer service along with tremendous savings, including clearance items priced up to 50 percent off regular price every day.
• Jared Jewelers features a selection of jewelry perfect for the discerning shopper including retired designer styles and special purchases arriving regularly.
• Johnston & Murphy is an iconic American brand that offers modern interpretations of classic styles to men and women who appreciate beautiful and functional products made with premium materials, great craftsmanship and enduring quality.
• Levi's Outlet Store offers a broad selection of quality jeans, shorts, Trucker jackets and casual wear for teens and adults. Additional offerings will include tops, dress, and accessories for a head to toe look.
• PUMA is one of the world’s leading Sports Brands, designing, developing, selling and marketing footwear, apparel, and accessories. For 65 years, PUMA has offered performance and sport-inspired lifestyle products in categories such as Football, Running and Training, Golf, and Motorsports.
• Talbots is a leading retailer of classic apparel and accessories, known for providing gracious service and a quality selection of timeless wardrobe essentials. Talbots Outlet stores continue those traditions while offering a range of new styles designed exclusively for us in Misses, Petite, and Woman sizes.
• Theory is designed for the urban sophisticate; Theory balances luxury with accessibility in collections known for precisely tailored silhouettes and exceptional fabrics.
Additional retailers, construction updates, and other property news will be announced leading up to the center’s grand opening on October 27.
Top: The main escalators/stairs from the courtyard area to the upper “street” will feature a water fountain in the middle of the stairs.
Next: A view from the top of the main stairs down into the courtyard. The Market Hall, the tan building, will house the food court, Media Lounge and guest services.
Next: Simon Properties General Manager for the Clarksburg Premium Outlets, Michael Mitchroney leading the sneak peek tour of the property.
Next: The lower west promenade of the shopping center.
Next: Inside the Market Hall several food court units remain under construction.
Next: The west stairwell, to the left of the stairs along that wall will be the playground for children.
Next: The view looking down from the upper west promenade to the area which will house the children’s playground, according to construction officials.
Next: Local officials and media people walking along the upper west promenade as workers continue to install the sub-flooring of the upper street.
Photos by Germantown Pulse.