• Wix Facebook page
  • Wix Twitter page
  • Wix Google+ page

MCFRS Responds to Gas Leak in Clarksburg



Montgomery County Fire Rescue units responded to a natural gas leak Monday morning in Clarksburg. The leak was caused when a construction Bobcat accidently struck a two-inch gas line at work site in the 23500 block of Clarksridge Road near Public House Road in Clarksburg.

MCFRS senior spokesman Pete Piringer said the leak began shortly after 9:00 am Monday, July 18 and required that some area residents shelter in place in their homes in the new Clarksburg townhouse neighborhood.

The utility company was called and the gas main was shut down shortly before 10:00 am, said Piringer. There were no injuries and no fire resulted from the leak.

Photo by Trevor James, used with permission.

#germantown