• Wix Facebook page
  • Wix Twitter page
  • Wix Google+ page

Massive House Fire in Boyds Displaces Family



A family has been displaced after a fire ripped through the house at 18303 Aspen Dale Court in Boyds.


Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service began receiving multiple calls for a house fire in the cul-de-sac shortly after 9:00 pm on Thursday night. Neighbors reported that the flames began near the garage area where a number of cars were parked.

The five occupants of the house, the family, and their guest, along with their pets, were alerted by smoke alarms and escape unharmed, according to MCFRS senior spokesman Pete Piringer. One firefighter was treated for minor non-life threatening injuries.

Neighbor John Roberts, who lives two doors away on the cul-de-sac, said he was sitting in his home office and happened to look out the window and saw the flames. Roberts reported hearing small explosions as the fire spread to vehicles in the garage and quickly to through the entire house.