• Wix Facebook page
  • Wix Twitter page
  • Wix Google+ page

Resident Treated for Smoke Inhalation After Fire



Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service units were called to 20913 Rosebay Place in Germantown at about 4:15 pm on Monday for the report of a fire in a basement.

Arriving units found one occupant outside of the three-story end-of-row townhouse with signs of smoke inhalation, according to MCFRS senior spokesman Pete Piringer. The fire was in the basement of the dwelling. Units from Germantown Fire Station 729 investigated and found a small fire in the basement laundry room, after the bulk of the fire was extinguished by the residential sprinkler system.

The female occupant suffering from smoke inhalation was treated and transported in stable condition with non-life threatening injuries. Smoke detectors in the residence activated and alerted the occupant, said Piringer.

Caption: Units from MCFRS on the scene at Rosebay Place in Germantown after a fire in a basement of a townhouse on Monday.

Photo by Germantown Pulse.

#germantown #MCFRS