Germantown Area Celebrities to Join Ballet Company’s Production of "The Nutcracker"
A number of special celebrity guests, including two celebrities from the Germantown area will join the Gaithersburg-based Metropolitan Ballet Theatre’s production of The Nutcracker.
Metropolitan Ballet Theatre has announced the involvement of several local leaders and celebrities in its upcoming 27th annual production of The Nutcracker. These guests will each portray “Mother Ginger” in one or more performances of the traditional ballet. All of the guests are lending their time and talent in support of arts education and the arts in our community.
The guest “Mother Gingers” at each performance are:
• Saturday, Dec 5, 12:00 pm & 4:00 pm – Marilyn Balcombe, President & CEO of the Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce
• Sunday, Dec 6, 1:00pm – Fox5 News Anchor and Reporter Melanie Alnwick
• Sunday, Dec 6, 5:00 pm – County Councilmember Craig Rice
• Friday, Dec 11, 7:30 pm – Marilyn Balcombe, President & CEO of the Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce
• Saturday, Dec 12, 12:00 pm – MD State Senator Nancy King
• Saturday, Dec 12, 4:00 pm – CSN Mid-Atlantic Anchor, Reporter and Host Chick Hernandez
• Sunday, Dec 13, 1:00 pm – Rockville Mayor Bridget Newton
• Sunday, Dec 13, 5:00 pm – MD State Senator Cheryl Kagan
“We are so grateful that these individuals are giving their time and energy to be part of our cast. This is MBT’s 27th year producing The Nutcracker; our guest “Mother Gingers” will add new fun to the production and help us reach further into the community,” said Elizabeth Catlett, MBT’s Artistic Director. “We have some other surprises in store for our audience, too, with new choreography and costumes, but you’ll need to come out to the show to see those!”
All performances will be held at the Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center, on the campus of Montgomery College in Rockville.
The performance includes professional dancers, as well as student dancers from MBT’s Academy. For more information about The Nutcracker or Metropolitan Ballet Theatre, please visit www.mbtdance.org or call 301-762-1757.
Top: Mother Gingers with her Polichinelles from a past Metropolitan Ballet performance of The Nutcracker.
Next: Gaithersburg/Germantown Chamber of Commerce president and CEO Marilyn Balcombe at a recent dress rehersal as Mother Ginger.
Photos courtesy Metropolitan Ballet Theatre