Firefighters were called to a Birdseye Drive townhouse on Tuesday night for a report of a kitchen fire.
According to Montgomery County Fire Rescue Senior Spokesman Pete Piringer, the call came in at 7:30 pm on Tuesday, Oct. 6 of a fire on the stove top of the two-story end-of-the-row townhouse at 18920 Birdseye Drive in Germantown.
Units from Fire Station 29 in Germantown arrived to find a smoke showing and small fire in the kitchen which had extended to the cabinets. MCFRS believes that fire was caused by unattended cooking. Firefighters searched the residence for occupants, all occupants had escaped without injury.
However, one occupant was injured upon returning to the structure and suffering what Piringer termed “a medical event” while in the residence. That occupant was evaluated by EMS personnel at the scene.
The fire is estimated to have caused about $60,000 in structural damage and another $25,000 in damage to the contents of the townhouse.
Top: Firefighters battle a kitchen fire at 18920 Birdseye Drive in Germantown on Tuesday night.
Next: Additional fire/rescue units were dispatched to fire at Birdseye Drive but were not needed, as first arriving units knocked down the fire early in the fire fight.
Top photo courtesy MCFRS. Next photo by Germantown Pulse.