UPDATE: Firefighters Respond to Fire at Bed, Bath & Beyond
UPDATE: Montgomery County Firefighters are investigating a fire at the Bed, Bath & Beyond store on Middlebrook Road, which did $55,000 in damage to the store was sparked by an electrical short in a light fixture.
The fire was reported to 9-1-1 by employees after they discovered smoke in the building at 6:15 am, Tuesday morning May 5, according to MCFRS senior spokesman Pete Piringer. The fire which was in the second floor office area was controlled by the building’s automatic sprinkler system and extinguished by arriving firefighters.
No injuries were reported, but the fire and subsuqent water damage did over $55,000 in damage, according to Piringer. MCFRS personnel cleared a heavy haze of smoke from the building.
Photo by Germantown Pulse