Car Wash Damaged by Fire
Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service units were called to the Germantown Auto Spa at 20440 Germantown Road for a report of smoke in the building at 1:45 pm on Saturday, April 25.
Firefighters cut holes in the roof in an effort to locate the source of the smoke. Once the roof was open smoke poured out. Firefighters continued to open the roof and hose down smoldering portions of the building.
According to Senior Spokesman Pete Piringer, the cause as accidental due to a heating unit being too close to some wooden decking in the walls.
The one-story commercial building suffered approximately $40,000 in damage, according to fire officials. No one was injured.
Top: Firefighters on the roof of the Germantown Auto Spa on Germantown Road cut holes in the roof to look for the source of smoke coming from the building.
Next: Fire units on the scene of the fire at Germantown Auto Spa.
Photos by Germantown Pulse.