The Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service was called to 12875 Climbing Ivy Drive at about 12:15 am Saturday, morning for a report of fire in the end row of townhouses. The fire started in the chimney and extended into the walls of the townhouse, according to chief spokesman Pete Piringer.
Two adults and two cats were displaced by the fire which is estimated to have done about $150,000 in damage to the townhouse, according to MCFRS.
Piringer reports that MCFRS has responded to several chiminey fires in the last few days as temps have dropped near or below freezing. The MCFRS offers a number tips to be sure your home is safe this winter on its website.