TITLE: Program Aide I
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional
REPORTS TO: Branch Director / Program Director ❒ Non-Exempt
Provides support and direction for activities provided within a specifically-focused program area, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
A. Prepare Youth for Success
• Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
• Promote and stimulate program participation; while ensuring the five key elements for positive youth development occur daily:
2. Supportive Relationships
3. Safe and Positive Environment
5. Expectations and recognition
• Ensure the physical and emotional health and safety of club members at all times
• Provide guidance and act as a role model/mentor to assure conduct, safety, and development of all members
• Help maintain facilities and equipment to ensure a productive and clean work environment, reporting major issues to supervisor
• Maintain close professional contact with all staff members, supervisor, and volunteers to communicate on Club operations and the needs of members
B. Program Development and Implementation
• Effectively implement and administer programs, services, and activities for drop-in members
and visitors ages 6-18
• Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality
in programs and appearance of the branch at all times.
• Work with branch staff to prepare periodic activity reports and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program areas.
• Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
• Participate in the implementation and delivery of other unit activities and events as necessary
• May be required to drive Club van.
• May assist in new member registration and orientation.
• Other duties as assigned
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• High School diploma or GED.
• 3 years experience in working with children.
• Knowledge of youth development.
• Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
• Ability to deal with the general public.
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Valid State Drivers License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Requires the ability to speak, hear, use a personal computer for standard business communications, and the ability lift up to 15 lbs.
For more information and to apply please send an email to
Phill McManus, Sr. Branch Director: email@example.com
Toman Napitupulu, Program Director; firstname.lastname@example.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.